DS-I Africa Virtual Symposium Platform
In coordination with the launch of the NIH Common Fund’s Harnessing Data Science for Health Discovery and Innovation in Africa (DS-I Africa) program, NIH is hosting an online-only, Virtual Symposium Platform in Summer 2020 that is free, open to anyone interested, and interactive.
The goals of the Platform are to:
- Publicize the NIH funding opportunities and communicate key priorities of the DS-I Africa program.
- Engage participants in robust scientific sessions that examine the state of data science across Africa.
- Encourage networking across disciplines, sectors, and geographies.
Online Events and Networking Tools
The DS-I Africa Virtual Symposium Platform is a collection of networking tools and online events. The Virtual Symposium Platform will be open from July through November 2020 with several online events and networking tools available to participants during that time frame:
- Watch inspiring keynote videos from leaders in health and data science.
- Participate in interactive panel discussions about the funding opportunities, cross-cutting opportunities and challenges in data science, and specific scientific topics.
- Meet and network with potential partners from academia, government, private sector, and NGOs in the DS-I Africa Virtual Forum.
- Request a telephone or video conference consultation with NIH staff.
Some online events and networking tools require registration to the DS-I Africa Virtual Forum. Registration is free and open to the public.
Click on the image below to view the DS-I Africa Virtual Symposium Platform timeline. A schedule of events is also available on the DS-I Africa Virtual Symposium Platform Schedule page.
Please note that the Virtual Symposium Platform replaces the previously announced Symposium in Kampala, Uganda in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Additional details on the Virtual Symposium Platform will be added to this website as they become available. For the latest information on the DS-I Africa Program and the Virtual Symposium Platform, please subscribe to our Listserv. Please direct any questions about the Virtual Symposium Platform to DSIAfrica.Symposium@mail.nih.gov.
This page last reviewed on August 6, 2020