- Logistical updates
- Van Andel Research Institute led by Dr. Scott D. Jewell now serves as the permanent Comprehensive Biospecimen Repository (CBR).
- SAIC-Frederick will operate as the permanent Comprehensive Data Repository (CDR), and is working towards a comprehensive design and full implementation by the end of July.
- Donor inclusion and exclusion criteria were discussed and modified to expand eligible GTEx donor pool, without altering the age or BMI restrictions.
- Feedback on the Case Report Form (CRF) was provided to SAIC by the Biospecimen Source Sites (BSS), Laboratory and Data Analysis Coordinating Center (LDACC) and others. Suggestions will be incorporated into the next CRF version, scheduled for release in August.
- Draft SOPs for tissue collection were distributed and comments were received. Revised SOPs will be disseminated to sites for reference and a teleconference training session is scheduled for late July.
- Data dissemination and analysis between GTEx parties was discussed. Group is working to optimize data exchange and to incorporate Pathology Report Summaries with molecular data generated by the LDACC.
- Funded R01 Statistical Methods PIs attended the GTEx meeting and presented plans for the analysis of GTEx data on the second day of the meeting. Presentations were also given by potential end-users of GTEx data, representatives from UNC and JHU.
- Members from the External Scientific Panel (ESP) attended in-person and provided recommendations for moving forward.
- Next meeting is scheduled for Dec 1-2, 2011 in the Washington area.
This page last reviewed on July 24, 2013