SPARC Art Contest
The NIH Common Fund’s Stimulating Peripheral Activity to Relieve Conditions (SPARC) program supports a broad range of research projects, ranging from identification of neural targets to device development and clinical discovery—all in support of SPARC’s goal of advancing bioelectronic medicine through precise control of the autonomic nervous system.
In celebration of SPARC’s efforts to bridge the divide between anatomists/physiologists, device developers and computational modelers to advance bioelectronic medicine, we want to ignite your imagination and creativity! Apply to the SPARC Art contest by sending in the most striking original image or video from your research and have a chance to win the opportunity to be featured in the International Society for Autonomic Neuroscience (ISAN) journal Autonomic Neuroscience: Basic & Clinical and in our monthly SPARC Plug!
SPARC Art Contest Details
- Anyone may enter the contest as long as their artwork aligns with SPARC’s goal of advancing bioelectronic medicine through precise control of the autonomic nervous system (e.g., identification of neural targets, driving discoveries toward the clinic, and developing/improving neuromodulation devices).
- Submit original artwork only, in the form of images (1-10 MB) or short videos (<30 s).
- Limited to up to 3 entries per person.
- NO copyrighted material allowed unless you also submit the associated release or license document(s) that grant you express permission to use it.
- Sign and submit the provided NIH SPARC Art AV Release form. A separate signed form must be submitted for each person depicted or recorded as part of the image or video (including anyone speaking in a video).
- Provide a title and short description of your artwork (please include associated public dataset DOIs).
- All entries must be uploaded by 11:59PM EDT on August 28, 2020
- The SPARC Communications Committee will review each submission to ensure it meets the guidelines for the contest.
- Online voting will begin in September and will be open to the public until 11:59PM EDT on October 9, 2020.
- Winning entries will be announced online on October 19, 2020 and will include the People’s Choice (most online votes), SPARC’s Choice (most SPARC program votes), and honorable mention winners.
- People’s Choice and SPARC’s Choice winners will have the opportunity to be featured as the cover story in the International Society for Autonomic Neuroscience (ISAN) journal Autonomic Neuroscience: Basic & Clinical.
- All winners will be featured in the monthly SPARC Plug and on the SPARC Portal.
The contest has closed, but voting is now open! Be sure to vote for your favorite image or video before the October 9, 2020 deadline (voting closes at 11:59PM EDT).
This page last reviewed on September 17, 2020