Science News About Transformative Research Awardees
- A real-time tracking system developed to monitor dangerous bacteria inside the body
October 22, 2014
- NIH Institute considers broad shift to 'people' awards
July 25, 2014
- Scientists Create Stable, Self-Renewing Neural Stem Cells
April 25, 2011
Researchers report a game-changing advance in stem cell science: the creation of long-term, self-renewing, primitive neural precursor cells from human embryonic stem cells (hESCs) that can be directed to become many types of neuron without increased risk of tumor formation.
- The Daily Show Interview with Miguel A. Nicolelis, M.D., Ph.D.
March 29, 2011
Miguel A. Nicolelis, M.D., Ph.D., appeared on Comedy Central’s Daily Show to discuss how research, supported in part by his 2010 Pioneer Award, could enable paralyzed people to walk again with a robotic vest that moves according to brain commands. Dr. Nicolelis also is the recipient of an unrelated NIH Director’s Transformative R01 Award.
- MIT launches new center to investigate endometriosis, leading cause of female infertility
December 4, 2009
MIT will officially launch a new center to investigate the underlying causes of endometriosis and other chronic noncancerous diseases of the female reproductive tract.