Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the NIH Director's Transformative Research Award.
Award Informational Video (July 2017)
Learn more about the eligibility requirements, award cycle, application process, review process, and award requirements for the NIH Director's Transformative Research Award in this short video.
Q&A Webinar Video
Watch the live webinar held on July 24, 2017, featuring short presentations from NIH program and review staff and answering submitted questions from the public.
NIH Resources for Grants & Funding Information
See the NIH Office of Extramural Research for more information on finding funding, how to apply, and exploring NIH funded research.
- NIH Application Guide: Application instructions on how to submit grant application to NIH (to be used in conjunction with funding opportunity announcement)
- SF424 Application Guide: Provides a step-by-step guide to completing application forms (note - new Version E should be used for all due dates after January 25, 2018)
Relevant Policy Information
- Applications with overlapping scientific aims: Applications with overlapping aims cannot be under review at the same time
- Domestic grants with foreign components: Rules and policies are outlined
- Late applications: Late applications are not accepted for RFAs that state no late applications will be accepted, which includes the NIH Director's Transformative Research Award
This page last reviewed on December 11, 2017