This page includes posters, slide handouts, and videos about evaluations and assessments from the NIH Common Fund. This list is ordered by date.
The Common Fund Patent Report (2017) - Video
The Common Fund is a unique funding entity at NIH, functioning as a “venture capital” space, where high-risk and innovative research can be supported. This led to the question, does research supported by the Common Fund generate more patents compared to the entire NIH research portfolio.
NIH Common Fund Single Cell Analysis Program: An Early Outcomes Assessment - NIH Evaluation Special Interest Group 2017
The program goals of The Single Cell Analysis Program, which ended in 2017, were to address key roadblocks in analyzing single cells, catalyze the emerging field, and coordinate NIH efforts in advancing the next-generation of technologies. This assessment examines the products generated by this program, the effectiveness of the program, and the impact on the field.
- Early Program Outcome Assessment: The Common Fund Closeout Guide - AEA Conference 2017
This presentation discussed the purpose and use of a guide to capture short-term outcomes from biomedical research programs.
- NIH Investment in Single Cell Analysis Research in Human Cells and Tissues (poster) - NIH Office of Portfolio Analysis 2017 Symposium
The NIH Single Cell Analysis in Human Cells or Tissues portofolio was evaluatated by a trans-NIH working group to determine the current NIH investment in this area of research, as well as identify gaps in the portfolio. This analysis was conducted as part of strategic planning to determine whether the NIH Common Fund should support a program in this area.
- Bibliometrics: a Key Performance Indicator in Assessing the Influence of Biomedical Research (poster) - AEA Conference 2016
The feasibility and utility of bibliometrics as a performance indicator for research programs, and how bibliometrics integrate with other methods used to evaluate biomedical research programs are presented.
- Using Evaluation Tools, Methods, and Thinking in Planning NIH Common Fund Programs - AEA Conference 2016
a combination of methods grounded in evaluation practice are used to inform strategic planning for biomedical research programs managed by the NIH Common Fund. This iterative process includes strategies for working with and building consensus among key stakeholders so informed decisions about research direction,
resources, and funding can be made.
- Identifying Metrics for Monitoring and Evaluating Impact of a Federally-Funded Research Communication Program (poster) - AEA Conference 2015
This presentation focused on metrics needed to monitor and evaluate our research communication plans.
- Building Evaluation Capacity in a Federal Research Funding Office, the NIH Common Fund (poster) - AEA Conference 2015
This page last reviewed on February 7, 2018