- With support from NIH, efforts to diversify biomedical workforce begin at University of North Texas Health Science Center
January 23, 2015
National Research Mentoring Network meets in Dallas
- Big Problems Require Big Solutions: The Federal Government's Bold Diversity Initiative
January 9, 2015
Maggie Werner-Washburne, a past president of SACNAS, contributes on Huffington Post
- Biomedical Research: Strength in Diversity
November 15, 2013
Update on NIH efforts on addressing diversity in the biomedical research workforce
- Francis Collins: Changes at the NIH
January 16, 2013
Director lays out workforce initiatives geared towards early-career scientists.
- NIH tackles major workforce issues
December 12, 2012
US agency aims to expand training options for graduate students and to increase demographic diversity.
- NIH launches effort to boost diversity
December 7, 2012
The NIH announced that it will pour up to $500 million over 10 years into an initiative to encourage more minority scientist to pursue research as a career and to bolster their chances of winning a grant.